Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday, September 22

Hi all, sorry it has taken me awhile to get back to posting pics. I had a little mishap last week in which I managed to fracture both my ankles and dislocate one of them. Fortunately, it happened while I was working in the park, so it's all covered under workman's comp. Now that I am up and running again...er, or should I say up and hobbling, I will again be posting pics. Many of you already know what happened, but, for those few of you who didn't get the word, I am doing okay. Fortunately, I didn't have to have hard casts put on, I have weight bearing as tolerated walking boots on both feet. I am now in an old folks home for rehab where I may stay from 1 to 2 weeks. I have to learn to walk on crutches and negotiate stairs so I can once again climb into the motor home.

Poor Ron has been running back and forth twice a day to visit with me, so hasn't gotten as much work done on the bus as he would have liked, but, he has gotten some things done which I will post tonight. I also am going to post a couple of pics of me lying down on the job, which were taken right after my accident. My shoes are even still on.

A Boomer friend of ours, Bruce, may be coming up to spend this next week with him, so maybe between the two of them, they can get more stuff done before we leave here. Ron's last official work day is tomorrow, Sunday, so after that, he will have all kinds of time on his hands to work on the bus.

No comments: