Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Oh my gosh, where does the time go??? Last time I posted was before we went on our cruise and here it is, almost a month after we came back. Well, a lot of things have happened since we got back from our cruise and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to update this blog.

The first news that I got was when I found out that my dad died about two days before we came back to San Diego. I was pretty much expecting it, he was so frail when I visited him that last time, I was wondering what was keeping him on this earth. He left this world in the early evening of Friday the 13th, quietly and peacefully. What we were all hoping for, no pain or suffering. I loved him very much and will always remember him the way he used to be, before the Alzheimer's robbed him of his mind.

As I think I told you before we left, the bus was up at a fellow bus member's house having new rear suspension put on and when we got back, we found out it wasn't quite done yet, so we decided to stay in the San Diego area a couple of more days. Finally, we got the word that it was done, so we drove up there to pick it up. Since we weren't around, we really don't have any pictures of him installing it. But, let me just say that the ride is so much better than it was, no hobby horsing up and down in the front of the bus anymore. On further consideration, Ron has decided to have the front ones put on before we leave for our summer travels. Once we get them done, we'll never have to replace them again while we own the bus.

After we picked up the bus, we finally drove back out to the desert to park with some of our Boomer friends for about a week, then moved into the Foothills to park on a lot with other Boomer friends. We just left Yuma on Friday and are now parked in Fontana, Ca, to have some additional stuff done to the bus before we start on our summer travels. The following pictures will be of our cruise...

1 comment:

Molly and Al too! said...

Mahalo for sharing your Hawaii pix. Some of the places you posted were very familiar. Looks like you saw quite a bit of Hawaii and loved seeing the tropical jungle areas and the gorgeous falls.
Sorry about the loss of your father and I understand the devestation that comes with Alzheimers. I felt it was a blessing when I lost my mom to that horrible disease and knew that's what she would have wanted.