Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 27th

Since I last posted the last pictures, we've spent about a week & a half in Texas. We stopped in Graham, TX, to visit some bus friends, Troyce & Lisa, and stayed in their yard. I never got any pictures of that, because I forgot. The first day after we got there, I went with Lisa to her weekly art class which her mother teaches, painting, mostly. I hadn't decided if I wanted to learn how or not, I'm not that great at drawing. One of the ladies I met at the class talked me into trying it, so I did and I must say, it came out pretty good. I painted a picture of flowers in a field with trees in the background, with plenty of help from Lisa's mom when I needed it.

After the class was over, they drove me over to see Billy Bobs, a famous country western nightclub in Ft Worth. We had to pay to go in to the place, which I thought was outrageous. True, we only had to pay $1, but, still...I remember seeing the dance floor on some country western videos back in the 80's, so was looking forward to seeing that famous dance floor.....well, things certainly have changed in 30 years. Most of the floor space has been taken up with table & chairs for concerts that they hold there. The only dance floor they have is now very small.

We got there on a Tuesday afternoon and on Friday, both of us started up our buses and headed towards Linden, TX, which is in the northeast corner of the state. What should have only taken around 6 hours, ended up with us having to stay overnight on the road, because first we had a problem & then Troyce had a problem. His problem just took longer, but, at long last, everything got fixed & we arrived at another bus friend's house, Jere & Ronnie on Saturday morning.

On Sunday, Jere's car club was having a rally. Since he has three old vehicles, he let each of us drive one, which was pretty nice of him. Troyce drove the 1964 Ford Galaxy 500, we drove the 1064 Corvair Monza & Jere drove his 1947 Ford truck. We got all the cars spruced up, met up the other car club members a few miles away & all caravanned to Texarkana to eat. Not many members showed up, unfortunately, but, still we had 5 old cars going down the road. It looked quite impressive.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

This looks so fun! I remember Ronnie and Jere from Texas Rally. Love the old cars with buses in background. We bought one! Just got it home. See you on the road.