Wednesday, September 21, 2011

There were all kinds of shops in downtown Jerome, we walked through the artisans co-op, where everything in there was made by someone in the town. It's just amazing how many creative people there are in the world and no two things are just alike. I saw some stuff in there that I would have loved to have....the art galleries in town have some amazing things, I especially liked the glass items, something that is a no no in an rv, darn it. In fact, down below & behind one of the galleries, there was a glass blowing demonstration going on, so of course, I had to go see it. By the time we got down there, he was probably half done, wish I'd see it from the beginning, but, what we saw was good, too. Lots of work go into making a specialized glass, vase, bowl or whatever they are making, so I can see why they demand high prices. The nice thing about this demonstration was he explained all the processes he was going through so it was very informative.

No comments: