Friday, June 15, 2012

A Day at Six Flags Great America

Yesterday, we all went to Great America. The kids, Donovan & Krissy, have
Ron, Domi, Donovan, Andrew, Krissy, Brookie & S
season passes, along with their oldest son, Domi and he brought his little friend, Brookie.
A double decker carousel!!!!
They had some coupons for us to get in free that expired this week, so although it wasn't that hot outside, it was warm enough to brave the cold waters of the water park. The main park  just added the water park about six years ago and I'm sure the residents of the area are glad they did, with the summers being so hot. We have never been to a water park, so this was going to be a treat.



Andrew checking out the water
The entire park consists of lots of rides, mostly roller coasters and the water park,  so, that is where we headed first. The water park is broken down in parts, so first we went to the little kids park, so Andrew could go into the shallow waters and not be scared by so many people. He had a great time and that is where we went on the smaller slides, but, they were still exciting. I

What's this?

say smaller, but, it didn't seem that way from the top!!! All those stairs about did me in! The first slide I went on, by myself, because although Ron was all for going on the slides, once he found out the water wasn't heated, he had second thoughts.
I had to lay on my stomach on a mat. I didn't like that so much, I'd much rather sit down and slide, easier on the body. After I finally headed down into a dark tunnel, which twisted and turned, I bonked my poor head on the side of the walls

and then shot outside and I kid you not, I think I sailed through the air on the first hump. Enough of that, I'll not go on that one again, I think...

We spent a little while there, then, walked

over to the other side with the wave pool, bigger slides & the lazy river. We were all in the wave pool except Ron and he finally decided, to heck with it, he was going to go in, because we were giving him a hard time about getting wet.
Domi & Brookie in the wave pool, notice the water slides
Once he got wet, he decided we needed to go over to the original side we were on with the smaller slides....grrr! So, back we, (Ron & I), went and he went on the very slide I went on first...after he was done with that, we went on the second one I wanted to go on. This one had rafts that we took up to the top. They were two man rafts and I sat in the front, Ron sat in the back, boy was that fun!!! Except when we hit the water, I was bounced out of the raft, but, Ron wasn't...oh well, it was still fun!

After that ride, we went back over to where

We're all cruisin' the lazy river....Ron...
everyone else was and went on the lazy river. I felt kind of sorry for Krissy because she had to stay on the shore with the baby, so it seemed we were having all the fun. The lazy river was longer than I thought it would be,
Donovan...
(which was good!), a good half an hour of floating and staying out of the way of the waterfalls and such. The last thing we did in the water park was go into the warmest pool
Sharon....
there. That one was heated to at least 80 degrees, if not warmer. That was a welcome relief after being in the cold water everywhere else. We never did make it to the larger slides, but, we will leave that to another day...
Krissy & Andrew taking in a ride

Once we were done there, we all got dressed in our regular clothes, had dinner and then had time to go on a couple coaster rides. I haven't been on a coaster since the last time we went to Disneyland in 1999. Whenever Ron & I go, I have to go by myself, but, this time, Donovan, I,  Domi &  Brookie went. The best ride of the night was the wooden roller coaster.

The wooden roller coaster, what a blast!
That was just good old fashioned fun, no riding upside down or corkscrews, just dips and going round and down from high up. The only downside was that it was so rough & rickety at times, I felt my whole body was being shaken to death. We were some of the last ones on the wooden coaster, so we were thrilled when we came back to the station and found out they were going to let us stay on for the last ride of the night. We all swore the cars left the track when we came up from some of the dips...
The kids playing a water pistol game, Brookie won!

They said we'll probably be going next week as well, so I have my eye on going on as many coaster rides as I can, I LOVE roller coasters and it's even more fun riding with others!

This morning, when I woke up, I felt like I'd been run over by a truck, it was because of that dratted wooden roller coaster, I just know it... Today, Ron went over to the repair shop where the Jeep is getting repaired from

The windshield is out
the hail damage. He was able to take some pics, but, they told him to come back on Tuesday, when they would
The tail light & rear window are out, those little yellow circles are dents
have the hood & top of the car off, that will be a sight to see. Our poor old Jeep, but, pretty soon it will look brand new once again. The repair guy said they would actually have to do some real dent repair on part of the car, because apparently the dents weren't minor.
This rear window is out, too

Tomorrow, it seems we are going camping, so maybe I'll
have more to tell later....

3 comments:

Chuck and Jan Moore said...

Wish we were there with you! What a blast!! Hugs from South Dakota, J&C

JEANNE and JACK said...

That sure sounds like a very exciting day!

JEANNE and JACK said...

Your poor car! : (