Thursday, July 30, 2009

We are currently staying at Minot AFB until Saturday. We arrived yesterday, Wednesday, afternoon and after getting all set up, went down to wash the Jeep at the car wash on base. While Ron was washing the car, I was following him around so I wouldn't get wet. The timer started going off, so I got some quarters from Ron to go put some more in the machine. I was in a hurry, but, on the way, tripped over the hose and went crashing down on my left arm and left cheek on the very hard wet, cement floor. I just laid there in agony, my arm was killing me. If I hurt anything else, at the moment, I didn't know what it was. Ron ran over and picked me up off the ground and while he finished what he was doing, I just went over to the car and sat inside.

Once he got done, we went to the hospital on base and found out it doesn't have an emergency room. So, we had to go downtown to the hospital there. They took all kinds of ex rays of my shoulder, arm, wrist and neck, nothing broken, thank goodness. But, I did have a severe strain or sprain of my arm. So, I've been laying low ever since. I can finally type with my left hand, but, I'm icing my arm three times a day and taking an inflammatory, plus doing some exercises.

I can do little things, but, it hurts to turn my arm or wrist in a certain way, plus, I'm not to lift anything heavy with my arm. Not to worry, I am taking it easy for now. We hadn't planned on staying more than one day, and now we're staying until Saturday. Maybe tomorrow, if it doesn't rain too hard, and I feel up to it, we can go to the state fair that is in town. That would be fun...

Our next stop will be Grand Forks, ND, to stay at that air force base and then it's on into Minnesota.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank god that u are ok. grand fork is a nice town. u will learn about the great flood. go see the flood wall. there is a bison farm too great meat very low fat.

GeneDarleneBaby said...

Just to let you know Sharon,I had a accident also. I was on six foot ladder and it feel while on was on the top. It landed on its side and I land on my left side right on top of it.I also have my left arm in a lot of pain.I didn't go see a doctor but I'm wearing a wrist brace because its the worst.
Hope you feel better soon.
Gene

Molly and Al too! said...

Oh Phooey Sharon.
I think you have had more than your share of boo-boo's girl.
When you feel better and back on the road just remember to "rock on but watch out for the boulders!"

Hugs to you both.

JEANNE and JACK said...

OMG!!!! Thank goodness you are relatively OK. I personally can trip over a dime in my bare feet. So I've become extremely cautious where I put my feet since my Dr ordered me not to fall because of my bone scan results.

I think you should start following my good example - and stay upright!

squawmama said...

I love North Dakoda... we were there last summer. I am so glad to hear that you're ok... Heal fast so you can get back to doing what you love best... Having fun!!!

(((HUGS)))
Donna