Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday, July 23

I guess it's been more than a few days since I last posted. It seems when we work, we get very little else done, I don't know why that is. I had great plans of doing lots of beading, but, that has pretty much gone by the wayside...right now, with my other co-worker out for the rest of the season because of a stroke, I'm trying to help the management by working a few extra hours, even on my days off. That may ease a bit when the manager's new girlfriend comes to live with him,and work in the store, at least there will be another body in the office with me. But, for now, I'll be working five extra hours of each of my days off, which means today and tomorrow. But, it's not like we're really busy or anything, it's just a warm body sitting in the office/store in case someone comes in to buy something or stay the night. Ron is also working extra hours, because her husband is not always here to work his hours, running back and forth visiting her and probably stressing out about a lot of things. For us, it's knowing we're getting the extra overtime hours.

I'm finally going to post the pictures of the carpeting, it looks really good throughout the whole coach now that all the flooring is in. Ron also took a picture of what the shower is going to look like once he gets everything tightened down, he's in the process now of hooking up the water hoses. He's also reconnecting everything that goes to the composting toilet so that will be up and running once again. All he really needs to do now, so that living in it will be comfortable and usable, is hooking up the propane system. It would be nice if I could use the stove, oven, and have hot water. There are other things that need to be done, more dresser drawers in the bedroom, upper cabinets in the kitchen, but, I can work around all that for now. We can wait until we get back down to the desert to have all that finished off.

No comments: