Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday, Sept 14

Hi there, well, we had our orientation day at work, yesterday, which consisted of lots of paperwork and a safety class out on the floor. We did lots of walking all around the warehouse, showing us where the break rooms and bathrooms were. Of course, to us, it was a little overwhelming and we were getting all turned around. It was an all day thing, but, today, we went to our assigned depts and were trained in what to do. We are in single sortation, meaning we scan one item, put it in the right sized box and place it on the conveyor belt. We're only working half days this week, to get us used to standing and walking. We're off tomorrow and then work Thurs & Fri, then off for the weekend. Next week, we work our full ten hour shifts for four days. The week after that, we are on mandatory overtime. Last year, the workers didn't start working overtime for several weeks after starting, but, this year, their sales are way up and they desperately need our help, as the regular workers have been working overtime since June.

At first, before we actually started doing something, my feet were already starting to hurt, just standing around, but, as soon as we did start working, I forgot about my feet and did my job. I have to admit, I had fun today, it was amazing to see all the items that Amazon has for sale and here I thought, all they sold were books, CD's and DVD's...boy, was I wrong!!  As I said, tomorrow is an off day for us, and we will be back bright and early Thursday and Friday mornings for our 5 1/2 hours. I'll update you on Saturday on how we did....

1 comment:

Pete & Kris Alonso said...

It's not Christmas yet, working already? You guys haven't changed. Looking Good!

Pete & Kris