Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday, August 29

Hello there, sorry I haven't posted anything for awhile. We are still at visiting Donovan, Krissy & Domi, doing various things while here. We drive over to their house every day, although, since everyone went back to school, we've been waiting until the afternoon to go. While here, we've done various things, like visiting the Jelly Belly Factory in nearby Wisconsin, walked around downtown Chicago and watched Domi playing with the neighborhood kids. One of the major things Donovan asked Ron to do was help him frame up the walls in the basement. So, that is what they have been doing since we've been here. They not only framed the walls, but, put in insulation, put in wiring and drywall. Now, they have progressed to the ceiling, complete with lights.

Ron's appointment at the VA was last Tuesday and they took some ex-rays of it, as well as the front & back of his chest, took several vials of blood and gave him shots for tetanus and pneumonia. He has another appointment this coming Tuesday so the doctor can go over the results of everything.

I've been working on my arm, but, the thing that gets me is how weak my fingers are. I can't put any weight on it at all, but, I'm trying to work on that. I think it's going to take quite awhile to get full use of it back, playing with Domi shows me just how limited my arm really is and it's quite disheartening.

As you know, we stayed at the famcamp another week, but, we hope to be leaving either the 1st or 2nd, depending on what the doctor at the VA tells Ron. We're hoping it will just be a strain he has put on his knee and we don't have to stay around for any therapy.

No comments: