Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday, August 19

Hi, just wanted to update you on my arm. The good news is that I can get back to using my arm. I do have a fracture, but, it's only minor, I don't have to have it splinted or put in a sling. I do have to do some home therapy to get it back to working like it was, since it's been idle, for the most part, in a temporary splint, just because I wanted to make sure nothing serious was wrong with it. It's nice to have my arm back, but, I can't lift anything heavy for the next two weeks. The doctor also told me that I might not get full range of motion back like I had before, because elbows don't take well to being banged up. Hopefully, he will be wrong on that...

Since we weren't quite sure what the orthopedic doctor was going to tell me, we decided to stay another week, just in case. It's a good thing, too, as Ron got an appointment for next week at the VA to see what's going on with his knee. He is having a lot of pain just putting weight on it, so he wants to know if it's anything serious or not. We also decided to have our six month cleanings at a local dentist. So, at least we're getting something accomplished with staying here an extra week.

3 comments:

squawmama said...

Glad to hear your arm is going to be ok... I sure hope you get your full range of motion back...Good to get your check ups done while your there.

Have Fun & Safe Travels
Donna

Laura said...

Sharon I think you need more attention...so you can stop hurting yourself....glad you are doing good.
Laura

the tom and nancy roadshow said...

Hey, what's this about an arm in a sling or not? Sorry to hear you're hurtin' again. Ms. Nancy is healing from a severaly torn achilles tendon still. Hope this is is for awhile! Be well (or at least better!) Happy trails, tom and nancy